- You’ve always been fit so you don’t know how hard it is.
- You love vegetables and don’t crave junk food.
- You love working out, so it’s not a struggle for you to get it done.
And reality is that these things are completely untrue!
Fit people still have to make conscious choices daily for their healthy habits, which is hard for them too!
Fit people would rather have pizza than salad a lot of the time.
Fit people are often unmotivated or too exhausted to exercise.
The main difference here though is that fit people simply want the result more. And they’re willing to consistently make the harder choices.
I share this message with love today and so you know that I empathize with you, no matter the side of the spectrum you’re on.
In my life, I’ve learned the importance of not making assumptions and have consciously worked to let them go.
Do you have any assumptions you’ve let go of? I think this is such an important topic, so please hit reply and let me know!
As you may be aware, the strength movement has exploded over the past decade.
I always tell my students that cardio is good for your heart but not really for changing your body.
Basically, cardio alone will make you a smaller version of the shape you already are. And if changing the shape of your body and shedding fat is something you desire, then weight training is where it ́s at!
But there are even more incredible benefits to being strong…
- It improves your hormonal balance. If you’re struggling with fat loss, energy, cravings, and more, this is so important!
- It boosts your confidence. Trust me on this one! How you look transforms but so does how you FEEL!
- It protects your bones. Strength training actually increases bone density, decreasing your risk for many age-related diseases.
- It decreases your risk of injury. When you’re strong, you can more easily complete daily tasks like bending and lifting.
- Your posture will improve. Enough said! You’ll have less pain and good posture just looks better!
- You can rely on yourself. Whether you need to store a suitcase overhead on a plane or carry in 8 grocery bags at once, having physical independence and not asking anyone for help is an incredible gift to give yourself.
The key to getting all of the amazing benefits related to strength training, however, is doing it properly and progressively.
Advertisements, late-night infomercials, inbox spam, magazine ads…
All promising the REAL solution to physical change…
Just try this new product! Take this pill! Only 2 minutes a day!
And despite what we know in our hearts, we fall prey.
We fall prey because we, as humans, are conditioned to seek the easiest path.
And a great general rule is that if it seems too good to be true, it is.
There is no real body change without movement and mindful nutrition.
Results, in every area of life, do not come without effort.
So, the next time you find yourself wondering if that next best thing just might work for you, put your credit card back into your wallet and walk away.
If you want to invest in your body and wellness prepare to do so via a coach and some hard work + commitment.